1. Measurement of Low Phosphonate Concentrations. U.S. Patent No. 5,270,216, 1993.
2. Elevated Temperature-Pressure Flow Simulator. U. S. Patent No. 5,370,799, 1994.
3. A Novel Method for Scale Inhibitor Squeeze Application to Gas and Oil Wells. U.S. Patent No. 5,655,601, 1997.
4. An extraction method to measure scale inhibitors at trace concentration in complicated solution has been adopted by National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) as a Standard Test Method, TM0399-99.
5. Developed a simple titration method to determine both bicarbonate and total carboxylic acid simultaneously and is programmed into Excel for ease of use. Alkalinity is of prime importance to any brine analysis because it is related to the pH and to the bicarbonate concentration, HCO3-, both used to predict scale tendency and corrosion potential in a well. Recommended Practices-type procedure has been written for routine use. Results have been tested with laboratory standards and with two field brines and results compared well with gas chromatography results.
6. Developed a new flow-through test loop for testing inhibitors has been developed and tested with synthetic field brines.